Simply put, a personal injury lawyer is there to help you in your time of need. Injury caused by an accident, defective products, or malpractices, or slip or fall incidents can be extremely traumatic and distressing for an individual and their caregivers. To make things worse, medical bills, insurance claims, and loss of wages can really dampen your spirits and take a toll on your recovery process.
This is when a personal injury lawyer comes in. Their main job is to relieve you and handle your cases while giving you the best possible advice so that you can make well-informed decisions.
Here are some of a personal injury lawyer’s primary responsibilities:
- Apart from representing you in court, they also carry out investigations into the accident. They may either gather the information themselves or have a panel of investigators look into the accident for them. Interviewing witnesses and identifying events that led to the accident is part of the investigation process.
- They explain your rights and lay out all the options open to you, especially if you are claiming damages for your injury. They also provide objective opinions keeping long-term situations in mind, which might otherwise be overlooked by the injured person.
- A personal injury lawyer can better assess your damages or seek advice from an actuary to estimate the financial impact of your injury. Injuries that leave a victim disabled are likely to affect their earning capability, not only in the present but in the future as well. An experienced lawyer can make a more realistic estimation of your required compensation.
- While litigation is a complex and lengthy process, it is not the only legal forum in which they have a role. They can also negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies and other stakeholders. In the case of out-of-court settlements, personal injury lawyers play a pivotal role in negotiating damage and injury claims.
- Personal injury lawyers are also connected with specialized medical service providers, who can help you through the recovery process. As they deal with such cases daily, they tend to develop a better understanding of injuries and can link you with professionals who are experienced in treating injuries similar to yours.
- In case your claim is denied, a personal injury attorney can go over your case and highlight areas of improvement to strengthen it. They can also help you file an appeal.
Not all accidents require the engagement of a personal injury lawyer. However, if you need an impartial point of view or are unsure about your options and way forward, it is best to seek professional legal assistance.
At Sneirson Law Firm, we are here to make sure that justice is served, and you receive the compensation you deserve. Book a free, confidential consultation to discuss your case with our legal team today, either in our office or in the comfort of your home. Our office is located at 73 Chestnut St., Springfield, MA 01103.