When dealing in property-related transactions, most people are unaware that a real estate attorney adds value by protecting your interests and mitigating possible risks associated with the transaction.
Whether buying, selling, or doing pretty much anything with real estate, it is best to consult a real estate attorney to help you make well-informed decisions.
Here is how having a real-estate lawyer on your side will help:
- While real estate agents know the ins and out of the property in question, they have a conflict of interest as they receive a commission. Therefore, they may not be inclined to share any problems or drawbacks with the other party. However, with a real estate attorney, you can be sure they will work in your interest and ensure you get the best deal.
- Your real estate lawyer will draft, review, and execute all transaction-related documents and negotiate terms on your behalf, limiting your exposure. These and other measures are not only to see a transaction through to completion but also so you do not enter into ambiguous agreements.
- Your real estate attorney will check the details of all documents, find loopholes, clarify vague terms, and maintain certain rights and responsibilities.
- When buying property, it is essential to carry out a thorough background check regarding the owners. A Title check avoids any claims or disputes later on. A real estate attorney will follow through and highlight any issues before executing the transaction.
- In case of disputes, for example, those related to boundaries and easement, your real estate attorney will ensure you are aware of your rights and fight the case if and when required.
- Real estate attorneys handle foreclosures imposed by banks on house mortgages. If the need arises, they can assist you with getting relaxation in loan terms, more manageable payment plans, and reinstatement options.
Real estate transactions, residential or commercial, generally require capital investment. When you consider the significance of the financial investment, we think you would agree it is in your best interest to secure legal representation. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, it is best to know your rights and risks in the most complete detail possible. This is a negotiation and a financial transaction for which you should consult an experienced professional.
If you decide to hire a real estate lawyer, you can rest assured they will ensure that your interests are protected. Also, if the transaction is considered risky and you decide to move ahead, they will attempt to limit your exposures and reduce the risks as much as possible.
At the Sneirson Law Firm, we provide a full range of commercial and residential real estate legal services. With years of experience and a proven track record of success in real estate law, you won’t find an attorney that works harder for you and whom you can fully trust. Call us at 413-750-8008 and book a free consultation to discuss your real estate issue. Our office is located at 73 Chestnut St., Springfield, MA 01103.